Denver Headshots Rates & Booking
High-End Headshots for Professionals. Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, Corporate Climbers, Executives, Realtors, Broadcasters, Speakers, Authors, Artists, Actors, Models, Graduates, Jobseekers & Go-getters.
STUDIO HEADSHOT SessionS
Perfect for a pro on the go! Get in, get it done, pick your shot and get back to your day.
30 Minute Studio Session
1 High-End Retouched image
The full experience! Take a deeper dive into capturing the "best you" from every angle.
1 Hour Studio Session
2 High-End Retouched images
Everything the Standard session has to offer with 100% more awesome sauce!
2 Hour Studio Session
4 High-End Retouched images
All Individual Headshot Sessions Include:
• “The Tommy Treatment" (High-End Retouching) • Advanced Coaching & Direction
• Instant Review of Images via Computer • Wardrobe Evaluation & Selection
• Online Proofing Gallery with Downloadable Images
ADDITIONAL MAKEUP SERVICES:
• Professional Makeup Application (by one of my brilliant Makeup Artists) +$195
• B.Y.O Makeup Consultation with Tommy (Bring Your Own makeup and I'll help you get camera-ready) +$95
Makeup services are 100% optional but highly recommended (for women only).
My approach as a headshot specialist
Do you enjoy having your picture taken? For many people (myself included), the honest answer to this question is - no, not really. Let's face it, stepping in front of a professional camera with bright lights pointed at your face can be super uncomfortable and intimidating. Even downright terrifying. So why is this? Here's the thing - being in front of a photographer's camera can make you feel very vulnerable. It has a way of shining a spotlight (literally) all of our insecurities, and we immediately start judging ourselves. Even if you are a relatively confident person with decent self-esteem, seeing that big scary camera pointed in your direction can make all sorts of negative self-doubt start rising to the surface. On top of that, you are also basically required to relinquish most of your control over an already awkward situation, placing all of your trust in that guy standing behind the camera who you met like 5 seconds ago. Yikes! When you spell it all out, it's no wonder so many of us avoid the camera. Am I right??
So the next question becomes - how do you deal all of that and still manage to end up with a fantastic headshot that you will feel good about showing to the world? Working with me, the answer to that question is simple. None of it is actually your job! Many photographers make it their client's responsibility to know what to do in front of their camera. That would be like hiring a CPA who makes you prepare your own tax return. Totally illogical and the exact opposite of how I work. Taking fabulous headshots is not what you do every day. It's what I do every day. With me, all you basically have to do is show up, and I will handle the rest!
Let's talk about photogenicity for a second. I hear the statement "I'm not photogenic" just about every day, and I can honestly say that I've never worked with anyone that I couldn't take a great photo of. The truth is you don't have to be an actor or a supermodel to look awesome in your headshots. All you need is a skilled headshot specialist who knows how to illuminate your strengths (and diminish your perceived weaknesses) while helping you to feel as comfortable as possible in a situation that you may feel the least comfortable with. That is what I do and why a headshot session with me is unlike any experience you’ve ever had in front of a camera before. I guarantee that you will be pleasantly surprised by how fun and uplifting this process can actually be.
What to expect during your session
First things first - when you arrive at my gorgeous studio you can expect me to greet you with a warm welcome and a big smile. We'll get your clothes hung up and start to get acquainted while I make you a cup of coffee.
We'll look through your wardrobe and start pulling favorites while we talk about your work, your life, your family so I can get to know you, your personal brand and how you want to look in your headshots.
If you've opted for makeup services with your session, we'll get you right into the chair at this point so the beautification can commence!
After everything is looking camera-ready face wise, I'll have you try on a few different clothing options so I can see how things fit and what colors compliment your features. And we will steam anything that needs a little help in the wrinkle department.
Once we have wardrobe all figured out, then it's time to step in front of my lights which are rather bright at first, so I like to give everyone a few minutes to let their eyes adjust. I will snap a few test shots to make sure everything is looking just right, and I will teach you a few simple techniques that we will be using to get you looking your very best in your images.
Then once your eyes have adjusted and you are feeling ready to go, we'll start shooting. I'll be saying lots of funny things to you to get you laughing and having fun as well as providing expert coaching, pro tips, creative insights and direct direction every step of the way. Remember, getting you to look awesome in your headshots is 100% my job not yours. :)
All of the advanced coaching and direction I give is designed to capture and convey your personality authentically and reactively so that you look confident, professional, friendly and approachable in your headshots.
As your session moves along, we'll stop a few times to review images on the computer to make sure you like what you are seeing and address any areas of opportunity that we have for improvement.
This is meant to be a truly collaborative effort, so I will want you to be very honest with me about what you love and anything you don't. My #1 priority is that we get results that you super happy with. I never take offense, and it's easy to shift gears on the fly if realize something isn't working so there is no need to hold anything back.
We will continue to review images in between sets and wardrobe changes, deleting the bad ones and only keeping the good ones. Expressions tend to get better and better as the session progresses so towards the end is where we can expect to see the most fantastic looks coming through. If we haven't quite gotten there yet, that means we aren't finished shooting. I never enforce a strict time limit on the length of a session. We shoot until we have the shots we are after and we end the session only when we both feel fantastic about what we have accomplished.
Book Your Headshot Session
AVAILABILITY, SCHEDULING & PAYMENTS:
- My schedule typically fills up 2-3 weeks in advance.
- You can check my real-time availability through my online booking system above.
- If you have an urgent need to shoot within the next few days please contact me to see if I can squeeze you in.
- Payment for your session is collected at time of booking and acts as a deposit to hold your date and time.
- When booking online, I also offer the option to pay only 50% down for those who desire a more flexible payment option.
- The remaining balance will be due at the end of your session and may be paid via cash, check or credit card.
- Out of respect for my team's time and talent, booked sessions must be rescheduled at least 72 hours in advance.
- Deposit payments are non-refundable but can be transferred to another date in case of emergency.
TURNAROUND & DELIVERY:
- Proofing gallery typically uploaded within 24 hours after your session.
- Standard turnaround time for delivery of retouched images is typically 7-10 business days from when final selections received/confirmed.
- Expedited/Rush delivery of retouched images is available. See below for rates.
- Professional Makeup Application (with Pro Makeup Artist): $195
- BYO Makeup Consultation (with Tommy): $95
- Additional High-End Retouched Images: $175 per image
- 3-Day Expedited Delivery: add $45 per image
- 1-Day Rush Delivery: add $95 per image
- Full-Session Image Buyout (High-Res Un-retouched): $395
- Additional Studio Time: $295 per hour
- Location Fee: $1,495 per location
All rates and terms are subject to change without notice.